It Is What It Is

Knitting, Bulldogs, Friends, Family, Cats and Life

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

The Blue Sweater from Hell, My Fair Isle Hat and the HUGE free cookies for my team.

In January I finished the blue sweater from hell. I say it's from hell because the sweater was all blue and all stockinette stitch. The sweater just seemed to take forever to knit. It was my first adult sized cardigan sweater and that part I really enjoyed.

The yarn is Cascade 220 Superwash and the buttons were vintage from Germany (thanks to my parents journies around the world). I loved the yarn and Cascade is one of my favorite yarns to knit with.

Here's a picture of just the sweater:



My fair isle hat is progressing quickly and i'm now on the decreasing rows. I am hoping to finish the hat in the next day or so. My team member Elbert has claimed the hat for his snowboarding adventures. Since this is Elbert's last week on my project, I will let him have it. I have enjoyed making this hat so much that I do plan on making another one for myself but in different colors next time.

Hat in progress:



Hat detail up close and personal:


Now the free HUGE cookie story. My ego is still riding high from this adventure. Last night, because my team was working late, I volunteered to go get dinner for everyone from our neighborhood restuarant. The guy at the carry out counter started conversing with me and the next thing I know he is giving me a huge basket full of cookies. Each cookie is bigger than my hand's circumference. It cost me a fake phone number but it was worth it. My team was thrilled with the cookies and we even enjoyed them again this morning for breakfast.

1 Comments:

Blogger Cheryl said...

Fake phone number - bwah!

The hat looks great. It's all about finding a project speaks to you, isn't it?

7:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home