It Is What It Is

Knitting, Bulldogs, Friends, Family, Cats and Life

Monday, October 15, 2007

A great weekend, new tv’s, a boat sendoff and signing up for babysitting.

So much happened this weekend it’s just easy to list off what we did and declare that everything fell into place and was very enjoyable:

· Best Buy did a great job installing a new surround sound system and mounting a new tv
· Watched the movie 300 on blue ray to check out the new surround sound and it was really amazing
· Torturous piano lesson but I’m learning U2 songs
· I’m very happy to announce that I can only be labeled semi-white trash as the boat and old tractor were removed from my driveway in a best case scenario manner. There is now no reason for my ex-boyfriend to ever contact me again. Alex told me if he did he will step in now and deal with him.
· We spent time with friends that have kids, one of which is a one year old baby who is just the happiest baby I have ever seen.
· Directtv installed HD boxes and satellite – I’m quickly becoming a tv junkie.
· Alex and I met both the knitters and my parents at Borders. For a short while I even left Alex with my parents to talk to my friends. He and my dad have really bonded but I think they are clones of one another in many ways.
· We attended a 3 year old’s birthday party which was actually very fun
· We had a second dinner last night at Alex’s friends (who I should say are now becoming my friends too)
· We were asked to babysit next weekend for a 9 year old, a 6 year old and a 1 year old. I agreed thinking they go to bed by 8:30pm, it can’t be that hard. The challenge will be the 1 year old. I’ve only changed a limited amount of diapers in my time and Alex, although amazing with the baby, has never spent time alone babysitting one. Next weekend should prove interesting. We’ve been hired for both Friday and Saturday night.

We may need reinforcements next weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home