It Is What It Is

Knitting, Bulldogs, Friends, Family, Cats and Life

Monday, February 11, 2008

Stuck.

It's unfortunately become my new m.o.

On my way to meet the knitwits yesterday I managed to get Alex's car stuck in the middle of my driveway. The car was aligned straight and in the middle of the driveway, just very stuck.

Alex was unfortunately 350 miles away in my van and we decided together to wait until he got home to get his car unstuck.

That left me stuck at home all day. Meredith came over and kept me company for 5 hours until Alex got home. We played non stop Rock Band and it was awesome.

Alex and James attempted to push the car with me driving it and the car wouldn't budge. It was stuck.

So we went to plan B and called Jason, Alex's best friend who is a former UFC fighter and a 6'8" powerhouse. Jason and James pushed while Alex drove were able to get the car unstuck. Jason is unbelievably strong.

There are no pictures of the stuck car. I really want to forget the afternoon after posting this blog.

The theory of stuck continues this morning. My 8am flight to Chicago for 11:30am meetings cancelled. I've been stuck in the airport since 6:30am. So far all flights on United have cancelled. I'm on an 11am flight now which will hopefully be ontime. I will miss my client meetings but have different ones tomorrow so I still need to go to Chicago.

Alex and I had a long good bye this morning. He was gone all weekend and with me leaving early this morning for a few days just sucks. It's so hard to travel these days and I really look forward to having a different career.

I did have one small victory amongst many recent wedding obstacles - no veil. I don't understand veils, I think they look stupid and they are uncomfortable. I've decided to go the princess route and wear some type of headband or tiara. It cost me a negotiation with my mom of not wearing birkenstocks - I have to find some type of dress shoe to wear now. Not a bad trade and one I can definitely live with.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home