It Is What It Is

Knitting, Bulldogs, Friends, Family, Cats and Life

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

The Travel Curse has been passed...

Elbert has rolled off my project and left the horrid travel curse for me to pick up. The curse has stuck to me for the last week and half - two cancelled flights, 5 hours of delays and over 25 hours in airports.

I was able to catch up with old friends and family members, knit for hours on end, read magazines, play bookworm, watch it rain, watch it snow, watch the wind blow and have numerous hours of people watching.

On the upside, my noro silk garden sleeves are almost done and the snow bird hat has progressed.

On a second upside, David Gilmour's new CD has been released. Our bulldog, Gilmour (named after David Gilmour) spent hours listening to the CD with his owner. Gilmour has a deep appreciation for his namesake.

The Drake Beautiful Bulldog Contest is only a month away - we have high hopes for Gilmour to win this year. He was last year's runner up but he was still a puppy. He has filled out since then and now tips the scales between 75 and 80 lbs. We can tell as we have to pick up the dog numerous times throughout the night - he's a restless dog but has to be next to his owner cuddling throughout the night.

The weekend went too fast - we had out of town company, my Z3 was towed and I was sick. That pretty much summarizes the weekend. Hopefully, the week will be better.

1 Comments:

Blogger Cheryl said...

Be sure to remind me of the Bulldog contest. I'd be happy to come cheer for Gilmour. I've never known one of the contenders before.

4:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home