It Is What It Is

Knitting, Bulldogs, Friends, Family, Cats and Life

Sunday, December 03, 2006

Guns N' Roses and a picture of my closet

The Guns N' Roses concert was awesome despite what the reviews and papers say - the night basically went like this:

Arrive 7:30am with a no name band playing

8ish Suicide Girls perform (pretty cool and really well received by the thousands of drunk men)

9ish Sebastian Bach performs (I saw him perform at the same venue when I was in 7th grade - just a few months prior to Skid Row's mainstream popularity)

10ish Another no name band who doesn't take breaks between songs as the crowd is booing so loudly they are afraid to stop between songs

11ish Waiting for GNR

Midnightish They bring the Suicide Girls back out to stall the crowd who by now has started sobering up and is irrate that GNR hasn't started. Naked girls are booed off stage and fights break out.

12:30am More stalling, crowd almost starting to riot

12:45am GNR finally starts and it's just awesome

2:45am We leave as we're just exhausted and still have to drive back to Des Moines.

3am - heard the show ended just after we left

In the end, Axl wasn't apologetic for his diva activities but it didn't matter - the show was awesome and I had a great time. I'm more motivated now to learn how to play piano after hearing one of my favorite songs live - November Rain.

Here's a picture of Axl Rose taken on my cell phone, it's not great:



Onto my closet - most people hang clothes in their closet - I air out hand dyed yarn that smells of vinegar (vinegar sets the dye):



I have enough Schaefer yarn for 2 blankets - one kit I bought yesterday and the other I have for about 2.5 years. They are the same kit just different colorways. I'm excited and want to start yet another project but I'm trying to be disciplined that I need to finish Erika's new sweater and my dad's Big Wool Sweater prior to starting either blanket. So many half finished projects around my house.

With some quiet time today I am hopeful to catch up on my expenses, my email and have some quiet time with my herd of abandoned cats. We're all cuddled into bed trying to keep warm while it's 15 degrees outside.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home