It Is What It Is

Knitting, Bulldogs, Friends, Family, Cats and Life

Sunday, February 18, 2007

Some FO's!

After a productive Saturday night I have some FO's to show off:

My branching out scarf from knitty:

Pinned out:




Up close:



The finished hedgehog:





With help from my good friend Nancy I learned how to wet block and use my blocking wires.

I really liked making branching out but it took me three attempts with three different yarns to find something that worked for me. I used hand dyed silk that was just phenomenal to knit with. After a few repeats I had the pattern down for the most part but on a few occasions I had to tink back a few rows (a lot more painful than it sounds but good experience nonetheless).

Both were enjoyable to make and I plan on making more of both.

The hedgehog is en route to Florida to live with Grandma Honey.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home