It Is What It Is

Knitting, Bulldogs, Friends, Family, Cats and Life

Thursday, February 08, 2007

An interesting compliment tonight (as written from O'hare airport since I missed my connection - actually I was at my connecting flight gate 6 minutes prior to departure and they shut the door on six of us really mad firing spitting travellers who dealt with an hour ground stop in Boston)...

After sleeping for an hour on my flight from Boston to Chicago I realized we were still on the ground in Boston. Nothing I could do about it - I was confident that if my flight was delayed going TO Chicago other flights would be delayed FROM Chicago. Not the case unfortunately.

Onto the compliment - so with lots of time to spare I started knitting my branching out scarf with my awesome hand dyed silk I bought in Portland over Christmas time. I have a good portion of it done - maybe 70% now. I was able to have two solace hours of knitting - the best stress outlet I could ask for after the week from hell and screaming meetings (literally).

At the end of the flight - a decent looking gentleman tapped me on the should and said - I heard you speak on the phone to resolve a situation at work, then one with a friend - I then noticed you knitting and the beautiful scarf you are making, I then saw your tattooes and quite interesting shoes - you look like an interesting person that is intelligent, hard working, understanding and dedicated yet beats to her own drum - I've never seen anyone like you before and think you would be an amazing person to get to know.

He wasn't trying to hit on me or pick me or even ask me my name. After his statement we parted ways to run and see if we missed our connecting flights.

Not to beat a dead horse but thank goodness I believe in integrity, otherwise I think I would have been back in Des Moines Monday evening. I witnessed events this week that even after my 10 years in the industry blew me away. It speaks volumes when my boss calls me on a daily basis and thanks me for sticking out what most anyone else would have walked away from.

1 Comments:

Blogger Cheryl said...

Go. Shop. Now.

Yarn tote

3:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home