It Is What It Is

Knitting, Bulldogs, Friends, Family, Cats and Life

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

4 cats, one mouse and an upset owner

As I'm home working from my couch today, I notice something scurry past out of the corner of my eye. To clarify that I wasn't seeing things, I got up to look and a little gray mouse ran across the floor right in front of me.

My four cats, count them four, all lined up to watch the mouse run across the room. When I first moved into my house 5 and 1/2 years ago, I figured cats would prevent me ever seeing a mouse. I am aware that I live in the woods and have corn fields so field mice are expected. Expected in the basement and garage, not in my house. 4 cats have been fed, loved and cared for over 5 years in the exchange of me never having to see a mouse.

If only I had a picture to capture the 4 cats lined up sitting next to one another, their heads synchronously watching their sworn natural enemy having free run of my house.

3 Comments:

Blogger Cheryl said...

Terry recommends adding a female siamese to the retinue, to show the rest of those slackers how it is done.

3:49 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Betcha Christine would have know what to do ;-)

5:07 AM  
Blogger Kimberley said...

My current 2 cats would probably look at each other and say: "Did you see that? What should we do?" They are coddled and have been for their whole lives.

My last cat was rescued from the street. He would have not only caught the mouse, but also disposed of it and I would have been none the wiser.

Good luck - Nice blog.

4:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home