It Is What It Is

Knitting, Bulldogs, Friends, Family, Cats and Life

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

New Year’s Resolutions

2007 will be the year of me – yeah, it sounds selfish but that’s the point. I am focusing on me this year. I have broken down my resolutions into the following categories: health, financial, professional, knitting and other.

Health Resolutions:

1) Limit caffeine (I would aim for eliminating but I know me and know it’s just not going to happen)
2) Get more sleep
3) Visit the appropriate doctors I have ignored for the past many years
4) Lose weight
5) Exercise – starting slowly and hopefully building up to the 5K Run for the Cure that I shook on with the Knit Wits. I don’t aim to walk, my goal is to run all of it. Even in my prime, I could never run long distances so this is a “reach” goal.
6) Use my Y membership

Financial Resolutions:

1) Create a Budget
2) Stick to the Budget
3) Limit expenses where feasible – primarily Starbucks and yarn
4) Meet with a financial planner
5) Re-evaluate savings / investing plan

Professional Resolutions:

1) Work smarter not harder
2) Delegate and push back
3) Limit the amount of 20+ hour days (correlates to health resolution #2)
4) Continue to learn from those around
5) Challenge myself more

Knitting Resolutions:

1) Knit a project requiring a zipper
2) Complete one crochet project
3) Complete one intarsia project
4) Complete one entrelac pattern (incorporate knitting backwards)
5) Knit from my stash, knit from my stash, knit from my stash.
6) Challenge myself somehow – aran sweater, free form, my own design – something.

Other Resolutions:

1) Continue piano lessons
2) Try dance lessons
3) Be more honest with people
4) Say no more often
5) Dress better
6) Spend more time with my family
7) Take all 5 weeks of vacation time
8) Avoid drama
9) Balance out professional and personal life
10) Try something new
11) Don’t take on other people’s problems – just work on mine
12) Learn to cook – or better yet – learn how not to burn food

It’s a lot of resolutions but I believe in carrying over resolutions – many of these resolutions are from last year and I’m sure many will carry over to next year.

To a new year and a clean slate – this year has to be better than last year. It’s my last week in San Diego and although it’s sad, I’m very much ready to move on to my next project. I will be spending some time at the beach this week and enjoying the beautiful weather. I leave for Boston on Sunday and will arrive to many familiar faces and some very new challenges.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home