It Is What It Is

Knitting, Bulldogs, Friends, Family, Cats and Life

Sunday, December 17, 2006

The good, the bad, the interesting, the ugly and catching up.

The good

I’m currently in flight back to San Diego after 72 quick hours in New York City. It was great to be in New York City, not because of the shopping, the sites or shows but because I was able to reconnect with two important individuals I only talk to every few months at the most and only see every few years. We had a great brunch in Chelsea with my best friend and former boss Matt. He was my plus one for my trip to the Bahamas. From there, I separated from my friends and went to my college roommate’s place to hang out with her and catch up for a few hours. I haven’t seen Olga since her wedding almost 3 years ago in Charleston and it was great to just sit on her couch and talk for hours. Olga looks the same as she did 10 years in college – same tiny size and same sweet personality.

I had a blast with my friend Renee who graciously allowed me to crash with her for the weekend. We had so much fun just hanging out together. Renee is one of the few people I can spend 24/7 with and never get bored or aggravated.

The bad
Long Story

The interesting

Even longer story

The ugly

I had to do one of the toughest parts of my job last Thursday and be a party to the termination of an employee who broke company policy. It was horrible. Imagine having to break up with a boyfriend you actually like but for reasons out of your control things had to end. Imagine that times a factor of ten and that was my experience. It was draining emotionally and just really sucked because I really liked this individual.

Catching up

I finished Audrey’s cool blue cabled hat on my flight tonight from Newark to San Diego. I will take a picture and post to the blog shortly. I wound my socks that rock yarn with the assistance from a former employee of mine who just resigned from my company and just happened to be on my flight. He felt so demoralized having to help wind brightly colored yarn. I made sure I wound the yarn extra slow since he hated every second of helping me.

I’m back in San Diego for what could be my last week. I have enjoyed the project and the team and will remember this project fondly. If only I could find a way to take the ocean and weather with me.

Portland, Oregon is my next weekend’s travel spot. I still have to finish Erika’s sweater – one and a half sleeves plus button bands. It should go fast – just need some time to work on it.

I can’t wait to see the Portland side of the family. I will have officially seen everyone in my family in the last week minus one brother and sister in law. Sheer miracle for my family as most of travel every week – it was by coincidence that my brother Steve and I were both at clients last week in San Diego. We were able to meet up a few times and it was great to just catch up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home