It Is What It Is

Knitting, Bulldogs, Friends, Family, Cats and Life

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

The Irony

I was informed yesterday that one of my submissions to speak at a global software user conference was accepted (I'm 1/1 so far out of 7 submissions - I'm hopeful the others are declined for the amount of effort required). It's an absolute honor within my company and within my industry. I'm excited for the free trip, the time to network with new and old clients and a week off of a client site. It's in Orlando at Disneyworld and the city of the Donald Pliner shoe outlet (the shoe outlet is so much more exciting than Disneyworld).

So that's the good news. For those close to me, you'll never believe who is the secondary speaker on the selected submission...all I could say when I saw the email was "Oh, crap"...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home