It Is What It Is

Knitting, Bulldogs, Friends, Family, Cats and Life

Sunday, February 04, 2007

Integrity

Integrity is knowing I can wake up every morning and look myself in the mirror. Integrity is knowing that even though sometimes life or work sucks it's seeing a project or event through to the end. It's not quitting in the middle or leaving others to clean up my mess. Integrity is knowing at the end of the day I did the best I could and that "half ass" doesn't exist in my vocabulary.

With that said, I have exceptions:

1) I just couldn't deal with the dead mouse. A friend helped me out while I played tech support at his house.

2) I worked all weekend and am going full force on caffeine and no sleep. My intention is that when I step on my flights in 2 hours I will be either sleeping or knitting, not working.

3) Not matter how tempted I am to walk away from a situation I need to remain a role model and see the situation through to the end. Whether it's work, life, friends, anything. I've matured over time and am learning to deal with situations head on instead of running away.

This week is going to prove very interesting professionally. Enough said.

I listened to the sound of music all weekend while cranking out documents - it's so engraved in my head I will be singing it all week.

My friends, family, pets have been my saving grace from going insane lately.

Finally - 1:30-2:00 on Saturday is my favorite 30 minutes of the week. It's my piano lesson and I've come to really love playing. I'm not good and probably won't ever be but it's fun to learn something new. There have been a few times where I have said out loud "Wow - that's just so cool". Reminds me of when I first learned how to knit. I really like my teacher - she gets me. I'm not taking piano lessons because anyone is forcing me - I'm taking lessons for me. I have reset expectations with her numerous times so that she understands that most weeks I barely have time to sleep 4 hours a night, that I won't always have time to practice.

Learning to play piano is something very special to me. It may take me a long time to be considered remotely decent but I don't care - not in the least. It's a stress relief and it's fun.

P.S. RIP dead mouse in my garbage can - since we didn't have an official good bye...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home