It Is What It Is

Knitting, Bulldogs, Friends, Family, Cats and Life

Sunday, March 19, 2006

Knitting Trends That Need To End

After looking through numerous knitting books and magazines Friday night with the KnitWits, we have come to the conclusion that the following knitting trends need to end:

1) Capelets
2) Ponchos
3) Anything made with Fun Fur
4) Mid Riff Shirts
5) Yoga Bags
6) Boleros
7) Patterns with a 42" bust as the largest size

We anxiously await for decent sweater patterns with reasonable sizing for the average human body. Preferably, we look forward to great cable or fair isle patterns.

I started Mariah from Knitty last night but spent most of the night studying the pattern and just trying to understand the directions. This will be my most complex cabling to date. I'm making the pattern for a very good friend of mine as a surprise for Christmas. I figured starting it in March may be enough time to finish it by Christmas. I made it as far as casting on last night.

I bought yarn yesterday to start my ipod hoodie. I'm hoping to start it today between house chores.

I'm on the hunt for sunglasses - if anyone has any recommendations please let me know.

2 Comments:

Blogger Cheryl said...

Have you tried WalMart? :-)

3:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Family Dollar store has a good selection for what you are looking for!

10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home