It Is What It Is

Knitting, Bulldogs, Friends, Family, Cats and Life

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

and life takes over...

It's been almost a month since my last posting - life sometimes just gets busy.

On the knitting front - one failure after another but my confidence isn't shattered. I finished my shirt/poncho using Noro Silk Garden. Even with lengthening the pattern by 3 inches, the shirt came out about 2 inches short. The knitwits assisted in ideas for lengthening and voula my shirt was finished.

I have officially given up on the Mariah sweater from knitty and am using the yarn in a top down hooded sweatshirt for my very good friend, long time knitting buddy and fellow grad school dropout, Dianne. She owns a fantastic shop in Greer, SC called Yarns Forever.

In an effort to create a fast yet classic sweater, I'm making a deep purple basic cardigan out of Reynold's Lopi. Depending on how it turns out it may become a holiday gift for my mom. The yarn is uber scratchy and with my dislike of layering clothes, she will get a lot more use of it than I will.

I'm trying hard with my knitting monogamy to just work on these two projects until they are done. This was working great until last week when out of nowhere my hands started cramping up. I decided to try a new craft that was less hands intensive, which i now feel is debateable. I purchased a latch hook kit, smiley face and was able to complete about half of it over the weekend. I love it - love the colors, love the look and love that my hands can move this week. All of my friends made sure I knew that latch hook was something they all did as kids. I chalk it up to yet another thing I missed out on as a child (the #1 missed childhood experience was a trip to Dairy Queen).

On the home front - Gilmour and Zoey may possibly becoming parents. Zoey went into heat last week and the first of two artificial inseminations was done yesterday. Hopefully this will distract Zoey from her hunting ways as she has now captured a squirrel and a rabbit. Gilmour, as always, just goes with the flow and waits for momma to come home.

Life is starting to calm down a bit and everything is returning to some type of normal. I'm still a Starbucks addict, still a knitting addict, still an ipod addict and soon to be working on the exercise addict yet to be found in me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home