It Is What It Is

Knitting, Bulldogs, Friends, Family, Cats and Life

Thursday, June 29, 2006

The community sweater is born!

When I meet up with the knitwits I always bring more than one project to work on as my attention span sometimes dwindles with certain monotonous projects.

Over the last few weeks, my purple lopi sweater has been my "spare" project in my knitting bag. It's a perfect knitting circle sweater - it's easy to knit the project and talk to my friends at the same time.

The best part of the sweater - it's practically done without a lot of effort on my part. I can't claim I'm a fast knitter or an experienced knitter but I can claim to have great friends. To date, I have only knit a few inches on it. Every time I meet up with my friends, someone knits it for a long while. To date, 4 different knitters have graciously helped me make this sweater.

I'm guessing some knitters would gasp at the concept of 4 different people knitting on the same sweater - gauge would be different, technique different, etc. The reality - you can barely tell where one knitter left off and the next one started. The sweater looks fabulous.

The sweater has been a great source of seeing how Lopi will wear and tear as three of us are making a colorful lopi sweater sometime soon. It definitely shows wear and tear plus the yarn is very scratchy to work with. Those cons do not defeat my fondness for the yarn as lopi has colors I haven't seen in other yarns. I have lots of lopi in my stash and am excited about my upcoming lopi projects. This lopi sweater, in a wonderful deep purple, is going to be a holiday gift.

To my mom, with lots of love, from the Knitwits.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home