It Is What It Is

Knitting, Bulldogs, Friends, Family, Cats and Life

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

I'm back into the swing of things after spending a week laying on my couch with a back out of whack.

I haven't been knitting much but have many projects that are more than half way done. For my motivational purposes, I'm listing my projects that are in progress and need to be finished before the holiday season. I'm in over my head with unrealistic expectations that I can finish the following list in the next 5 months but it's eye opening just to realize how many items I have on needles:

1) Purple Lopi Sweater - 3/4 of the back left and finishing
2) Black Big Rowan sweater - 1/2 of the fronts (making both at the same time) and the sleeves - plus finishing left
3) Top down hoodie sweater - one sleeve and hood left
4) Black Shrug - just needs finishing
5) Thick N Quick Blanket - 1/4 done
6) Alien Illusion Scarves - one 1/2 done, other 1/3 done
7) Quick Knit Sweater - just needs finishing
8) Chunky Vest - 1/2 done
9) Polar Sweater - 1/3 done
10) Bear Rug - 1/5 done
11) Koigu Socks - 2nd sock is ready to turn the heal
12) Pouch purse - needs finishing and felting
13) Another purple sweater - back almost finished but needs everything else
14) Branching Out Scarf - 1/4 done (definitely a gift for someone else - i am enjoying making it but it is so not my style)

You would think the list of unfinished items would deter me from buying yarn but it doesn't. This weekend, I used a gift certificate towards the purchase of some wonderful karabella aurora teal yarn. I'm mixing it with some karabella copper yarn and a bit of gray to make an argyle vest.

I'm also guilty of giving into and purchasing some hand dyed teal yarn from the Iowa Sheep and Wool festival.

Something about teal lately has caught my eye. My purple phase may be coming to an end but I'm still a believer that all roads lead to orange.

Last night I bought the Knits for Barbie doll book and fell in love with almost every pattern. Maybe it's because I never had a barbie doll growing up but I'm planning on making most of the patterns and buying dolls for my favorite 2 year old niece, Erika.

If only there were more hours in the day or less hours needed for working or sleeping.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home