It Is What It Is

Knitting, Bulldogs, Friends, Family, Cats and Life

Monday, September 25, 2006

To the judgmental at the Sunday knitting circle - if you have issues with myself or my friends have the fortitude to say something and not just make faces and comments to your friends.

Throughout my life, I have been judged or teased - for being too tall, too fat, too something. I have always found that with knitting everyone is welcome and everyone is friendly.

For the past few Sundays a certain individual and political figure in the community has dramatically shunned my friends and myself.

I feel as if I'm being judged by someone who doesn't even know me and someone with these shallow values doesn't even deserve to be blogged about but since I've reached the point of frustration - I'm blogging.

Only a few individuals will understand who I am ranting about but in general I think knitters and humans alike can relate to be judged and criticized by others.

What annoys me most is that this individual thinks she is better than myself and my awesome group of friends.

I may not dress the part on the weekends nor always act prim and proper but Sunday afternoons are my time with my friends at one of my favorite places in town. I'm an awesome person with an outgoing attitude. If I choose to wear flip flops and jeans then it's my choice.

To the individual I'm referring to - this is your loss. It's your loss of not getting to know me, learning from me and getting to know my amazing friends. My friends have managed to help me through some of the roughest patch in my life and I know I can count on them for anything.

To the individual I'm referring to - I'm punky, I have tattoos, I have piercings. I also have a high level professional job. I manage multi-million dollar projects and team fulls of individuals. I have strong moral and religious beliefs.

To the individual I'm referring to - every Sunday for the past 6 weeks I have watched you stare and glare at myself and my friends, then walk away. What is sad is that a few people follow you for the only reason of finding out community gossip.

To the individual I'm referring to - it's only knitting. To bring snobbery and shallowness into my hobby is just uncalled for.

I will continue to knit on Sundays with my friends at one of my favorite places in town. I will never be a snob or make someone feel not welcomed.

My mother raised me to know better than to judge others.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home