It Is What It Is

Knitting, Bulldogs, Friends, Family, Cats and Life

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

My first and last trip to the Iowa State Fair.

We attempted the Iowa State Fair on Sunday in the hopes of some fun and some Joan Jett. I'm glad I went but I know I will not return. Overall there were some frustrations with the parking and the crowds but there was good food and lots of knitting on exhibition.

I was so proud to see lots of people I know submit and win ribbons for their knitting projects.

Three hours later with sore legs and lots of sweat I decided I had more than enough. I opted out of Joan Jett and went home.

I had never been to the fair before and this trip will last me a lifetime. I was able to see daisy duke shorts, cowboy hats, belt buckles larger than my hand and so many other unique outfits. The people watching was great but the crowds were just not worth staying at the fair. I wish I had my camera with me at the fair as I don't think anyone will believe some of the things I saw and some of the things I wish I hadn't seen.

1 Comments:

Blogger Cheryl said...

You parked there? Are you insane? Shuttle bus, baby - it's the only way to travel.

3:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home