It Is What It Is

Knitting, Bulldogs, Friends, Family, Cats and Life

Sunday, August 06, 2006

Finished Projects

I had the pleasure of helping my favorite client Lisa felt her first bag this week. She picked the coolest pattern from an interweave knits magazine and although it was only her second knitting project felt comfortable with intarsia - she has incredible talent for knitting and didn't miss a beat with this "so-not-a-beginner" project.

We had so much fun felting it - we kept the lid open so that we could periodically pull out the bag and check on it. It was washing, washing, washing and then suddenly - it was felted and done! I'll never forget the look on her face when it was done - she was so surprised.

As for me - not only did I learn how to iron tonight, I finished a red hoodie sweatshirt for my friend Dianne who owns www.yarnsforever.com. We are meeting up in Chicago this week for Stitches.

I mention the ironing because I normally don't block out my knitted items unless my friend Nancy helps me out. The red hoodie required it because the borders were curling up. After steam blocking it I will most definitely block every knitted item going forward - I loved the results. The hoodie is knit from the top down and I loved the pattern minus the use of switching to smaller needles for the borders - I wouldn't do that for the next one I make. I will be making at least 2 more of these kind of hoodies - I really enjoyed making this sweater.

And now the pictures...

Lisa's bag before felting:



Lisa's bag after felting:



And the red hoodie:

1 Comments:

Blogger Cheryl said...

Girl, we need to get you a camera that shows red as red.

Folks, the hoodie is not old rose pink. It is red.

7:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home