It Is What It Is

Knitting, Bulldogs, Friends, Family, Cats and Life

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Finding my backbone.

Having a weekend already planned in good detail with a great boyfriend makes it a lot easier to find my backbone when work requests a sudden change in my plans and demands me staying onsite.

Amy, we need you to stay this weekend. NO.
Amy, we need you to stay longer on Friday NO.
Amy, we need you to fly in on Sunday NO.

It took finding a great guy to realize that I deserve a balance in life and that work isn’t worth giving life up for. I wasn’t emotional, I wasn’t mad, I was even tempered.

I stepped out from our war room at 11:30pm last night to speak to Alex. After 20 minutes people went searching for me as they needed my assistance – I told them I was taking a personal call and will return shortly. At midnight, our most senior person in the company went looking for me and told me my assistance was needed.

Alex told my stuff at his place was multiplying – I now have clothes, shoes, bathroom stuff, etc. I told him I would move it, put it in my car, etc. He stopped me mid sentence and said he wasn’t complaining – he actually thought it was nice. He said if he got tired of seeing all of my stuff everywhere that he would make closet or drawer space. This conversation led to our daily phone conversation – another concept that he told me he wasn’t used to but really enjoying. We talk on the phone once a day usually when I’m gone pending our work schedules and sometimes the conversations are 5 minutes and sometimes they are 4 hours.

He makes me laugh a lot, he’s complimentary, he’s fun to be around, he’s intelligent, he’s caring, he’s cuddly, he’s everything I’ve always wanted and so much more. He told me he was marrying up and I told him I thought I was marrying up. I’m trying to move slowly but after 6 great weeks we just know it’s moving in the right direction.

My priorities are changing fast. I’m hopeful to change my career to something more local by early next year. I am interested to know how it would feel to sleep in my own bed every night, go grocery shopping at someplace other than QuickTrip and not get on an airplane unless it was by choice for a fabulous vacation.

We have a big weekend coming up – I’m excited and nervous all at the same time. Alex is an only child and his father passed away about 12 years ago – I’m meeting his mother on Sunday and am getting nervous. She sounds like the nicest person alive. I just hope she likes me…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home