It Is What It Is

Knitting, Bulldogs, Friends, Family, Cats and Life

Sunday, June 17, 2007

I had the meltdown of the century.

If nothing else it was memorable and one for the history books.

The highlights can be summarized by a lack of sleep, overstressed and the wrong thing said at the wrong time triggered the opening of the biggest can of worms to be spewed I'm guessing in the history of my company.

With the threat of working onsite over the weekend and knowing I go to all ends to protect my team I was yelled at by the most senior person in my company when I said my team would not work this weekend, myself included. From there the meltdown initiated and emotions ran high. My emotions ran high.

I can't remember everything I specifically said but pretty much every awful thought running through my head over the past year about my company came spewing out. There was no stopping it.

The most memorable line "My current thought in my head is do I leave today or do I leave in a month when I get my bonus? Is this hell worth it for one horrible last month? No. I was ready to leave today.

Luckily I had friends in the room who backed me up and who are in the same boat with me. You just can’t push people like this when the wrong people are being managed.

I mentioned a few times, how could we have ever managed scope when it was made clear to us that we would be fired if we tried? When asked who said that I pointed my finger at asshole saying – HE DID! What did asshole do? He looked down at the ground like the biggest wienie I have ever met.

It’s about maintaining sanity at this point and not money.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home