It Is What It Is

Knitting, Bulldogs, Friends, Family, Cats and Life

Monday, November 19, 2007

It's a soon to be mother-in-law blanket!
After much discussion about how to block the Colinette blanket I made for Alex's mom I went head first into the blocking process today. My biggest concern was that by the end of the project my bamboo needles had turned blue from the dye (Colinette kits are hand dyed).

I started by taking a pre-blocking picture for a frame of reference but did not take measurements:




The blanket then went into the washing machine on cold for a 15 minutes bath with vinegar (to set the dye):



The water in my washing machine did turn blue so I am very glad I took the time to set the dye with vinegar. After the soak, I took the blanket between to large towels, wrapped it up and stepped on it to get a majority of the water out. I then took it upstairs to lay it out on my futon (on top of more towels):



It's a huge blanket, has fringe and will be ready for delivery on Thanksgiving day.

My plan is to have a productive week at home. I have sister in law socks to kitchener, laundry to catch up on, a yarn room to reorganize, a suitcase to unpack from our week in Spain(pictures to follow in a few days) and plan a wedding.

Alex and I had lunch yesterday with his mom who bought me the most beautiful vase from Joseph's and Alex a handy man's guide to home repair. I got the better end of the deal but we did use the handy man book only hours after receiving it to take a door off it's hinges (not like there are many ways to do it but we wanted to make sure we were doing it right).

Struggling through jet lag, I barely stayed awake long enough for Alex and I to have dinner with my parents.

Everyone is happy for us and is starting to ask the where and when questions. Our plan is to have a straw man of a plan shortly. Right now, we're still looking at cruises in August.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home