It Is What It Is

Knitting, Bulldogs, Friends, Family, Cats and Life

Monday, December 03, 2007

White Trash Insulation

The master bedroom in my house is infamous for being extremely cold in the winter and extremely hot in the summer. The bedroom is an addition to the house that is attached to the attic and on the third floor of the house which doesn’t permit the best air flow in the house.

It’s been so cold that cuddling has been renamed survival. The room is usually about 15-20 degrees warmer than the outside – which in these dropping temperatures is really cold.

My dad came over this weekend to help with the horrible curtain project and I asked for his opinion on the uber cold master bedroom. He walked around the room feeling the walls and window and found a major source of cold – the air conditioning wall unit. I may as well have the window wide open as the side vents of the air conditioning unit aren’t blocking any outside air.

To solve the problem my dad suggested insulating the sides of the AC unit. He went into great detail about insulation foam, how to make it temporary, etc.

I solved my own problem white trash style (if the Yarn Harlot can blog about a toilet seat, I can blog about insulation):



We used jeans and jackets to try to block the heat. I don't know how successful we were but we survived last night better than other recent nights.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home