It Is What It Is

Knitting, Bulldogs, Friends, Family, Cats and Life

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Zoey, Gilmour, Mariah and the finished Snowbird Hat

Our princess was properly given her jewels this weekend. I bought her a black patent leather collar this weekend weekend with four diamond pendants that spell out her name, ZOEY.

Here's a picture of the collar before we put it on her:



Closeup of Zoey wearing her new collar:



Zoey on the polka dot rug:





Donavon came home yesterday to find Gilmour on his throne (it's Donavon's chair and only accessible to the dogs if they bravely climb from the couch to the chair which currently is filled with junk and a big NO NO to be on):





Gilmour doesn't get any sparkles as he sports a Harley Davidson Spikey collar. Since the day we brought Gilmour home from Nebraska, it's the only kind of collar he has ever worn (although we are now on the largest size they make and Donavon can fit this collar around his waist).

We still have his baby spikey collars in the pet closet. It's like baby booties to us.

We treat and talk about our animals like most people do with their children.

On the knitting front - the snowbird hat is finished. Ok, it's almost finished. I finished the knitting part of the hat at 1 AM this morning. I have to sew down the cotton brim to the inside of the hat, make the tassle and sew in the 1000 tails of color spewing from the inside of the hat. The knitwits have a plan to help me with the tails from hell. More info to follow.

I have a picture of the hat on my camera phone but until I'm in my local area I can't email the picture to myself. Thanks Verizon.

I blew the surprise to my recipient of the Mariah sweater. It's going to be a Christmas present for my very good friend and fellow knitter Dianne. She owns one of my most favorite yarn shops, http://yarnsforever.com. I wanted to make sure that it was something she wanted. Actually, I just couldn't keep my mouth shut because I am so excited to make it for her. I can't keep a secret if I had to...

I found the pattern downsized to 33" and it will be perfect once I figure out the complicated and confusing directions. I'm counting on my fellow knitwits to get me through this tough pattern. I was feeling invincible after the fair isle snowbird hat but I think my head got a little big.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home