It Is What It Is

Knitting, Bulldogs, Friends, Family, Cats and Life

Monday, July 23, 2007

Another great weekend and a seal of hopeful approval.

Alex and I had a busy but fun weekend – we went to Iowa City and Mt Pleasant to meet his closest and oldest friends, had lunch with his mom, toured Iowa City and just enjoyed one another’s company as we won’t see one another for a few weeks.

Alex was surprised to find out that I was very quiet when he introduced me to a very large group of people. It took about 8 hours before I said much other than just replying to people’s questions.

We stayed under the stars on his friend’s deck until almost 5am. It was a defacto reunion for Alex and it was as if they never had time apart. I haven’t had such a fun night in a long time. I learned a lot about Alex and feel that I can understand him a bit more now. His friends are amazing people – smart, witty, funny and great storytellers.

Alex asked his oldest and closest friend to be his best man next summer when we get married. I overheard the conversation – it was so sweet. His friend then realized how serious we were and then sat next to me for the next hour interviewing me and telling me about Alex. At the end of the night I got a huge hug from his friend who said “welcome to the family”. I’m hopeful that I have his seal of approval.

So the next day Alex badgered me for being so quiet, which to him was entirely out of my character. True, being introduced to 20 complete strangers all at once is scary. I explained that I wanted to observe and that I have a terrible time with names, it’s one of my gaps as a professional. I told him I never can remember names except for maybe the hottest guy in the room.

He then replied, “My name is Alex, hopefully you didn’t just forget it.”

We had a lovely lunch with his mom. Alex is kind and sweet to his mom. I was so impressed. Hopefully I will have her seal of approval as well.

I’m so in love and just adore the time Alex and I spend together.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home