It Is What It Is

Knitting, Bulldogs, Friends, Family, Cats and Life

Thursday, December 13, 2007

How Alex loves the cats…

1) Alex busted Trouble sleeping with me all cuddled in the other night in a cat free zone (our bedroom) and not only looked the other way, he cuddled in as well

2) When the red couch went to live at Nancy’s house, a certain short, runty black cat sat staring at the window ledge since she didn’t have the couch to jump off of to sit on the ledge. Alex remedied the situation by putting a kitchen chair near the ledge so Moby could spend her day on the ledge

3) He talks to them all the time
a. It’s “Hi Gang, I’m home” when he walks in the door
b. It’s “Bye Cats” when he leaves

4) When he sits on the couch Moby will sit on the arm rest and head butt him while he plays with her

5) If it’s not Moby he’s playing with on the couch, then Trouble is sitting on his lap doing the “I love you” massage dance on his belly

6) He mops the kitchen floor with Trouble (who submissively rolls onto his back when he sees Alex)

7) He’ll do a daily headcount and say “I have seen X cat in a while…” and go looking for him/her

8) He’ll have an entire conversation with Trouble (who fully participates and responds)

For someone who claims to not like cats, he sure does like them.

How Alex loves me…

Alex is a good guy and in the spirit of misery loves company, he has decided to start working out with my trainer. I’m barely able to walk today after spending 4 sessions with the trainer in 6 days. When I told my mom she said “oh, he’s such a nice guy – he’s so good to you”.

Also, he ate my lasagna even though he hated every bite of it. I actually liked it. He loved me enough to not tell me he didn’t like it until after dinner. Made more sense when he ate 9 out of the 10 garlic breadsticks. This domestic stuff is challenging – at least I have figured out how to not shrink his clothes anymore (it’s unfortunately too little too late for some of his clothes).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home