It Is What It Is

Knitting, Bulldogs, Friends, Family, Cats and Life

Monday, July 30, 2007

Alex was out of town this weekend at a gaming convention. He set the expectation that during this time his cell phone would live in his car, turned off. We hadn't spoken to one another in 4 days and we said before he left that the time apart will tell us how we really feel about one another.

I missed him just terribly and thought of him often, hoping he was having a good time and enjoying his trip.

When Alex got back to town last night, I asked him "How was your weekend?"

He responded "Just average".

I was curious about his response since he had just taken a roadtrip with a friend to a large gaming convention that sounded like something he would have really enjoyed.

It led me to ask, "Why just average?"

His response was perfect, "Because you weren't with me and I really missed you."

The time apart spoke volumes to both of us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home