It Is What It Is

Knitting, Bulldogs, Friends, Family, Cats and Life

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

A great Sunday.

We decided to sleep in Sunday after I arrived back in Iowa late Saturday night. No cell phones, no alarm clocks, nothing. After lounging in bed we decided it was time to get up as we were hungry and needed caffeine. I decided to take a quick shower and as I was getting dressed, Alex knocked on the bathroom door and said that his mom left him a message inviting us to an impromptu brunch. I asked him what time it was and what time she wanted to meet. I almost fell over when he said it was after eleven and she wanted to meet at eleven. I was still half asleep but said “just give me ten minutes”.

Panick then set in – I had nothing to wear, my hair wasn’t styling, I looked tired, etc. I went running out my front door to get my luggage out of my van to recycle a business outfit from my time in Vegas. As I was trying to figure out what would look decent enough for the second time meeting his mom, Alex realized I was a bit frazzled.

He calmly came to me and said “How can I help?”

Perfect statement. There wasn’t actually anything he could do to help but just the fact that he wanted to and was so calm about everything calmed me down.

He then went and switched the cars around so that we could be ready to go (and he would be out of the house for a few minutes to allow me to get ready and get the “freak” out of my system). He even told me in the car that I looked very nice.

Brunch went very well and I was much more talkative than the prior lunch with his mom. She followed up with an email about how much of a sweetie I was, which made my day.

This weekend Alex has the pleasure of having dinner with my parents and meeting them for the first time. Everyone is excited (or so they are telling me).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home