It Is What It Is

Knitting, Bulldogs, Friends, Family, Cats and Life

Friday, December 28, 2007

Poor Berlin...

I came home to a very sick little cat last night. Berlin was lethargic and just sat on my lap for an hour. I contemplated taking him to the Emergency Clinic but hesitated since I really like and trust my vet. He made it through the night like a champ and the other cats stayed very close to him (big sign I knew something was wrong).

He's spending the weekend at the vet and so far all I know is that he has liquid around his lungs and heart, he's lost 3 pounds, his temperature is 5 degrees below average, he's dehydrated and in overall bad shape. He tested negative for leukemia and x-rays showed no obstruction in his stomach. The vet is baffled by the fluid around his lungs/heart and wants us to take him to Iowa State once he is stabilized.

He's spending the weekend in the intensive care unit of the vet's clinic on two IV's (one for antibiotic and one for fluid).

It's not been a good day. Alex has been really supportive and understanding. He got dressed last night and got the kennel out to take Berlin to the emergency clinic after I held the cat for an hour. He may not understand how I feel but he's trying his best to be supportive, for that I give him credit.

This just sucks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home